To request a proctor, please read the policy below and then fill out the form.
Please Note: The New City Library is located in Rockland County, NY. It is not a part of the New York City Public Library system. Proctoring is only for residents of Rockland County, NY.
New City Library staff will serve as proctors for exams taken by distance learners within the following guidelines:
- Proctoring is a free service.
- A minimum of two-week advance notice is required. In addition, all test taking requirements must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
- Exams will be scheduled during normal library hours of service.
- Proctoring consists of:
- Checking identification of student taking the exam.
- Noting the time that an exam was started and completed in the Library.
- Signing the required school supplied documentation.
- Direct supervision during the exam is not provided.
- Examinations will be taken in a quiet area of the library.
- The Library cannot proctor online exams that require public access computer settings to be modified.
- Staff will seal the envelope of the completed exam and place in library outgoing mail.
- The Library does not keep copies of completed exams.
- It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that this proctoring policy meets the requirements of the institution giving the examination.
- The service must not involve any direct cost to the Library. Students or the administering institution will be responsible for providing postage and any other expenses incurred.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the library’s computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution via the U.S. Postal Service in postage paid envelopes provided by the student or institution.
- Students must complete their examination at least 15 minutes prior to library closing.
The Library reserves the right to deny proctoring service. Reasons for denial can include, but are not limited to, late arrival, and/or missed appointments, scheduling conflicts (personnel or facility), failure of the student or institution to agree to these policies.
For more information, please call 845-634-4997 ext. 127