E-book readers are still selling fast although the three week delay in ordering a Nook has ended. It is truly a revolution in how we read.Even diehard fans of the paperbound volumes (recently referred to as treebooks) realize the value of having hundreds of titles in one easy-to-carry volume. The readability of the screens has continued to improve with each new rendition of the readers.The technology will continue to improve as time advances, and although I don’t like to predict the future, I believe a whole new line of better, less expensive readers will be announced just before the December holiday season.
The New City Library is joining the revolution in purchasing additional titles just for our customers.We are supplementing the already significant collection of titles purchased by our consortium, the Ramapo Catskill Library System, with ebooks exclusively for New City customers.You’ll find these titles marked with the Overdrive Advantage label. The Library has recently ordered and received 120 additional titles. A few of the added titles are:
- The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama by David Remnick
- Oprah: a Biography by Kitty Kelley
- 13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown by Simon Johnson and James Kwak
- SuperFreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen Dubner
- Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
- 2010 Take Back America:
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
I for one want to read the Chelsea Handler book…now if I can only remember to charge my ereader’s battery…oh my…if I can only remember which cable goes with my ereader.