Below you'll find the top 10 reasons customers wind up paying for a lost or damaged library item. Follow the tips to avoid the list.
10. "I ran over it with my car." Keeping items in a sturdy bag will store them safely. The library sells reusable bags for your convenience.
8. "The disc melted, scratched or cracked." Discs and cases left in direct sunlight will melt so it is best not to leave them exposed in the car. For your listening and viewing pleasure hold disc edges to avoid smidges or scratches.
7. "My coffee spilled; it might be sauce; it's blueberries; gum..." and so on. We've heard them all. It's best to copy a recipe rather than cook from an open library book; food or liquids nearby is trouble waiting to happen.
7. "The baby is teething." Babies love our board books and not just for those cute pictures.
5. "My puppy is teething." I know about that one; Buddy, a dog of refined taste, dispensed with 'Arrowsmith' in one evening. Fortunately it wasn't a library book.