After a grueling competition amongst teens from libraries in the Catskills, Orange and Rockland Counties, New City Library took home the Banner for Third Place. From left to right are the following team members: Shawna McKivergan, Marie Yatsky, Mary Phillips, Priyanka Ramanathan, Nicholas Procino, Ben Eisenberg, Allison Eisenberg, Susan Zollinger, Karen Zollinger, Chanda Bhandal, and Rathna Ramanathan.
The Teens read eight books representing classics, nonfiction, science fiction, mystery, historical fiction, graphic novel and realistic fiction. The titles were
1. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Donan Doyle
2. How They Croaked by Georgia Bragg
3. Legend by Marie Lu
4. Smile by Raina Telgemeier
5. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
6. Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick